The Jeffrey MacDonald Discussion Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/24/2024 7:57 am  #1

JRM's sister

Hello to everyone on this board.
It has been a while since I posted, as not much is going on with the case.

All appeals seem to have ended, and inmate doesn't even seem interested in parole any more.

Most of us are very familiar with the devastation to the Stevenson family from this crime, but I would like to know more about the MacDonald family and the effects on them.

Joe's book mentions Jay (James) several times and includes transcripts from his GJ testimony as well as a letter he wrote to inmate. I believe that Jay's mental illness was exacerbated by the stress of the murders and the internal struggle he felt wanting to support his brother but also wanting truth and justice.

But I know very little about his sister Judy.  I heard on this board that she had struggles with alcohol. Is that true?  Did she die young?
I believe she also had children. Does anyone know their names and approximate ages?

Is her son the one who was interviewed for the People Magazine Investigates episode in 2017 featuring the case?  He said he admired JRM for his courage etc, and during his youth he relied on his uncle for advice and guidance.

Do Judy's other children feel the same way?
Is there an extended family of cousins still living in Long Island?
Does anyone know how they feel?

Hoping someone with more knowledge of the family can answer these questions.

Last edited by Grandfather (9/25/2024 5:59 pm)

Board footera