The Jeffrey MacDonald Discussion Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/09/2024 11:26 pm  #1

cm's potential for violence

Hi all, anyone can respond.  I always felt that cm's mother knew he had a potential for very violent behavior.  I think he did something very bad and violent and that is why he was sent to Texas for several months.  Anyone have anything to add and does anyone know what he did that got him sent to Texas?

2/10/2024 2:33 pm  #2

Re: cm's potential for violence

Tim - I think she knew he was a rascal and had the potential for bad behavior. But we always want to believe the best about our kids, and certainly not admit it to outsiders.
The extended visit to Texas was always a mystery. I think it was a disagreement or conflict with his father that led to that visit.  The mother probably thought some time away would de-escalate the conflict. But others on here may know more about it than me. But regardless of the details, I don't think we will find any answers in that incident. Many young men have conflicts with their fathers and spend a few months away from home. They don't go on to be family anihilators.
Similar to his theft of drugs from  the clinic. Lots of people get sticky fingers at work.
And his serial affairs. A sign of his character for sure, but not predictive of a future murderer.
Although in hindsight,  he seems to have always been amoral, or lacking morality.
As Joe put it on 60 minutes, beyond  morality.
But he made efforts to conceal that. He sucked up to high status people.
And he spoke glibly, always drawing attention to himself.
Other kids at school described him as popular, but it is likely that none of them really knew him. They just knew the image he had portrayed.

Last edited by Grandfather (2/10/2024 5:52 pm)

2/15/2024 12:08 am  #3

Re: cm's potential for violence

Grandfather, after add'l research, I was told he was send because of a serious fight w/ Jay.  Apprently, he had many fights in high school.  So, clearly the intinial signs of violence were starting to emerge.

Last edited by Tim2020 (2/15/2024 12:09 am)

Board footera