The Jeffrey MacDonald Discussion Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/04/2023 4:07 pm  #1

Will MacDonald Ever Try the Parole Board Again?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe MacDonald had two (2) opportunities to go before the parole board and cancelled them. Does that close the door, or will he have other opportunities? Why won’t he take another shot? Many of the Manson family have persisted, unsuccessfully, for decades. Has his spirit been crushed and he’s resigned himself to dying in prison?

It’s just so eerily quiet now, after over fifty (50) years of insanity in the courts and the media.

5/05/2023 11:57 pm  #2

Re: Will MacDonald Ever Try the Parole Board Again?

Hi Texas Poet, I searched a little, cm if done properly has the legal right to cancel a parole hearing.  And if done properly he can re-apply.  So, yes he can have other opportunities, IF HE wants them.  However, if he isn't will to admit guilt, a parole hearing is a waste of time even for him.  As I understand it, a prisoner always has to admit guilt, unless he has been for innocent, which isn't the case here.

5/06/2023 1:15 am  #3

Re: Will MacDonald Ever Try the Parole Board Again?

Tim2020 wrote:

Hi Texas Poet, I searched a little, cm if done properly has the legal right to cancel a parole hearing.  And if done properly he can re-apply.  So, yes he can have other opportunities, IF HE wants them.  However, if he isn't will to admit guilt, a parole hearing is a waste of time even for him.  As I understand it, a prisoner always has to admit guilt, unless he has been for innocent, which isn't the case here.

Tim,

Good information. Thank you. I agree with Grandfather, who has said previously in other threads; MacDonald will never admit his guilt.

Be well and take care.

Board footera